...said the literary agent. Since committing myself to releasing a wanderlust guide about a trip through 24 countries on the cheap, I've been making my way though the system in place to maximize the experience. I went to the Writers' League of Texas conference last month and spoke with some agents with an intention to use a traditional publisher. Until book stores and traditional distribution are obsolete, there's something to be said about the format. Maybe it's like the record album, but I still love holding a former tree and reading from it.
So I'm focusing on this new entity called "Spin the World Around." It is the name of the memoir, but it's also a way of living.
What keeps the planet spinning? The force from the beginning. ~Daft Punk
All esoterics aside, I took some really cool pictures along the way, and I thought that sharing them would be a nice platform to illustrate the manifestation. My plan is to post a single high-res photograph each day until the book is released. With so many photos, I should have a platform by then. Here are the social network icons, without the names... Dig it!
Ok, well, so here's what i learned at the conference:
1. Twitter: you should be posting 4x per day and only 20% of your posts are about you.
2. Facebook: sadly, it helps to pay them to promote you
For the photo posting idea, here's a list (and my accounts for Spin the World Around):
1. Flikr lets you share high-resolution photos
2. Pintrest: photos pushed from Fliker whose locations can be added to a map
3. tumblr: similar to Flikr, but maybe not as high-res
4. instagram: has additional effects and a forced resolution, so postings are a separate work of art that can be re-posted to Flikr as such
5. imgr: for memes and funny pictures
6. Reddit to re-post photos
Ayahuasca in Costa Rica
It's been about a year and a half since my adventure in Costa Rica with a Columbian Shaman and Ayahuasca. Once in a while, I get people contacting me on Facebook asking for advice for their upcoming journey. Here's my story.
Copyright (c) 2015 Russell Eric Dobda